Minnetonka firefighters not only fight fires, they also respond to fire alarms, technical rescue incidents, vehicle extractions, hazardous material incidents, and medical situations; and also participate in public education details. To meet the changing needs of the community, a three-person duty crew also staffs Fire Station One 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
No previous training or experience is needed—the city provides all required training. Weekly training sessions and department meetings are held Tuesday nights or Wednesday mornings, to accommodate firefighters’ schedules.
To meet the minimum selection standards you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Live within 15 minutes of any Minnetonka fire station.
- Be in acceptable physical condition.
- Applicants must be able to pass all required tests.
Visit our current job openings page to find fighrefighter opportunities with the fire department.