The city of Minnetonka offers a wide variety of events throughout the year.
Winter events include:
- Citizen Academy, an opportunity to learn more about local government over six evenings in January and February, every other year.
- Kids’ Fest, a fun family event that Hopkins-Minnetonka Recreation Services hosts each February.
- In February, the mayor of Minnetonka hosts an early morning State of the City Address that the public is invited to attend.
Summer brings a number of fun events, including:
- Minnetonka’s Native Plant Market and Eco Fun Fest is held outdoors in early June.
- A highlight of the summer, the Summer Festival, Burwell Ice Cream Social and Burwell Art Fair are generally held on the fourth Saturday in June.
- On Tuesday nights throughout the summer, find fresh food and other local vendors at the Minnetonka Farmers’ Market.
- Celebrate Arts in the Park at the outdoor amphitheater on the civic center campus, including Music in the Park, Movie in the Park and Theater in the Park.
- In early August, have fun outdoors in your neighborhood at Minnetonka Night for Neighbors.
Fall brings one of the biggest events of the year:
Other year-round activities include:
- Music Association of Minnetonka concerts held in Minnetonka and the greater Minneapolis area.
- Natural resource workshops offered by Minnetonka’s natural resources division.
You can learn about other activities through the city’s weekly e-newsletter, the Minnetonka Minute; our monthly newsletter, the Minnetonka Memo; our monthly newsletter for seniors, the Minnetonka Script; and through our Recreation Brochure.